Want a Career in Quality?
If you want a career in Quality Capella will be launching their third cohort of the Level 4 Quality Practitioner apprenticeship in February 2022. Capella were part of the Employer Development Group for the Quality apprenticeship standard. This Trailblazer group also included BAE Systems, Balfour Beatty, Fuji Film, Intertek, The Ministry of Defence, Wincanton, and the Chartered Quality Institute.
Aimed at those who work in Quality. This apprenticeship can be used to develop existing staff or to train a new recruit. This programme is designed to build capability to deploy best-in-class Quality practices. Enabling fulfilment of contractual and regulatory requirements and continuous improvement in customer/stakeholder satisfaction.
Example job roles include:
Project Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance Officer, Quality Engineer, Quality Officer, Quality Engineer.
The content of the programme is delivered over 14 months followed by an end point assessment.
There are 4 main elements to the apprenticeship:
1. Quality Assurance
2. Quality Planning
3. Quality Control
4. Continuous Improvement
The Key Areas include the following Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours:
▪ Support development and deployment of Quality strategy and policy
▪ Support formulation of activities that fully deliver customer/stakeholder requirements
▪ Contribute to Quality risk management as part of new products/services development
▪ Plan and conduct audits and other assurance activities
▪ Develop and deploy Quality control plans
▪ Solve Quality problems and improve Quality performance
▪ Conduct robust data collection and analysis to support governance, assurance and improvement activities
▪ Guide and support others across the organisation to improve end-to-end quality performance
The training is delivered over the equivalent of 16 days, with an additional 8 coaching sessions on a 1 to 1 with the tutor. Training is delivered by the tutor remotely as bite sized learning sessions each week. The learning is interactive with break out sessions and activities, including quizzes and exercises.
Delegates join open cohorts where employers can enrol as few as 1 learner, or many learners. The open cohorts also enable learners to benefit from external networking opportunities and share best practice.
So if you want a career in Quality contact us to find out more, or book on one of our information sessions which are held twice a week.